Like many on the East Coast, I was lucky enough to have off of work today to weather out the storm at home. I set a goal for the day of making something for the baby’s room out of only supplies I had lying around the house… Starting with this big pile of felt scraps.
After a lot of trimming, here we are on our way to bunting for the nursery.
Trying out a layout, prior to gluing…
I had planned to do a good bit of embroidery on each piece, but I actually like it a little more simple.
From the top: storm trooper, Cantina band member, Yoda, Jedi symbol, Wicket the Ewok, rebel alliance symbol, tauntaun, lightsaber, C3PO, and R2D2 bringing up the rear.
The binding is actually left over from a quilt I made last April. This is why I don’t throw anything away!
There’s still a lot of work to do, but it’s really exciting to see a few things coming together in the room.