I found myself overdue and without anything to do this past Sunday, so I finished up a quilt whose top was completed back in June of 2011. If not for flickr, I would have deluded myself into thinking that I started this quilt sometime last year.
Here’s my original post on this quilt, which goes into detail about the pattern and the modifications I used.
I finished it up with a scrap of batting and an IKEA sheet for the back and binding. To keep it as simple as possible, I opted for quick and easy all over stippling. I had toyed with the idea of straight line quilting, but I’m just a sucker for the warm, crinkly, inviting look of free motion.
The best quilt pictures always have excellent models. Fortunately, Leela was happy to oblige.
Still on baby watch… but the silver lining is that it gave me the opportunity to squeeze one last quilt in under the offspring deadline!