What on earth… ?
Ok, here’s a hint or two. (Bonus points if you know what the guy on the right is.) Still not sure?
Beep boopboop beep.
This is the first project for our little padawan’s Star Wars themed nursery!
Dimensions: 36” x 48”
Fabrics: Calicos and solids from JoAnn Fabrics
Pattern: I wish! Made up as I went along.
There’s a whole lot happening on the front, so I decided to keep the back very basic. Love this Denyse Schmidt dot print from JoAnn Fabrics.
Originally I wanted to embroider the back by hand, but after finishing the first word I wasn’t fully happy with it. Instead, I used my machine’s basic zigzag stitch. It’s a little wonky, but I think that adds to the charm.
I’m really happy with how this quilt finished up, and it’s given me a lot of confidence in our unconventional choice of theme.
Here’s a few pictures of the process. Basically I printed up a bunch of pictures and winged it from there.
It’s been a long time since I made something up from scratch, and it was a bit of a struggle. Apparently my version of ‘pregnancy brain’ is a complete inability to properly use fractions. Lots of ripping out, lots of re-cutting… but worth it in the end!
Off to work on the next nursery project! I have a feeling that this is going to be a lot of fun…